PROUDLY SERVING WARREN, MI & SURROUNDING AREAS
Universal Septic Services offers solutions to all septic system needs in Warren, MI. Our septic services include septic tank locating and cleaning, drain field inspection and installation, as well as septic field installation and repairs.
Our professionals at Universal Septic Services, LLC are available to answer your questions 7 days a week. Do you need your septic inspected? Fill out the form or give us a call today to set up an onsite consultation with a Macomb County, MI septic specialist.
UNIVERSAL SEPTIC SERVICES | WARREN, MI
GIVE US A CALL
We have a specialist standing by 7 days a week. Drop us an email or give us a call. We are here to help you. No one available to answer your call? Don't worry we work in the field, but can call you back within the same day.
AVAILABLE 7 DAYS A WEEK
How do Septic Systems Work?
Septic systems are underground wastewater treatment structures, commonly used in rural areas without centralized sewer systems. They use a combination of nature and proven technology to treat wastewater from household plumbing produced by bathrooms, kitchen drains, and laundry.
A typical septic system consists of a septic tank and a drainfield, or soil absorption field.
The septic tank digests organic matter and separates floatable matter (e.g., oils and grease) and solids from the wastewater. Soil-based systems discharge the liquid (known as effluent) from the septic tank into a series of perforated pipes buried in a leach field, chambers, or other special units designed to slowly release the effluent into the soil.
Alternative systems use pumps or gravity to help septic tank effluent trickle through sand, organic matter (e.g., peat and sawdust), constructed wetlands, or other media to remove or neutralize pollutants like disease-causing pathogens, nitrogen, phosphorus, and other contaminants. Some alternative systems are designed to evaporate wastewater or disinfect it before it is discharged to the soil.
Here is Precisely How a Septic System Works
- All water runs out of your house from one main drainage pipe into a septic tank.
- The septic tank is a buried, water-tight container usually made of concrete, fiberglass, or polyethylene. Its job is to hold the wastewater long enough to allow solids to settle down to the bottom forming sludge, while the oil and grease floats to the top as scum.
Compartments and a T-shaped outlet prevent the sludge and scum from leaving the tank and traveling into the drainfield area.
- The liquid wastewater (effluent) then exits the tank into the drainfield.
- The drainfield is a shallow, covered, excavation made in unsaturated soil. Pretreated wastewater is discharged through piping onto porous surfaces that allow wastewater to filter though the soil. The soil accepts, treats, and disperses wastewater as it percolates through the soil, ultimately discharging to groundwater.
If the drainfield is overloaded with too much liquid, it can flood, causing sewage to flow to the ground surface or create backups in toilets and sinks.
- Finally, the wastewater percolates into the soil, naturally removing harmful coliform bacteria, viruses and nutrients. Coliform bacteria is a group of bacteria predominantly inhabiting the intestines of humans or other warm-blooded animals. It is an indicator of human fecal contamination.
How are Septic Systems and Tanks in Warren, MI?
Warren, MI is home to a variety of different size septic tanks and systems. Many of the septic systems in and around Warren have two tanks. It is not always necessary to clean the second tank, but it is very important to know if it does need to be cleaned. The amount of solids that are moved from the first tank to the second tank depends largely on how many people live in the house and the how the system is being used on a day to day basis. If too much solids begin to build up in the second tank they will begin to push out to the drain field, starting to cause damage. At the same time, there is no need to clean a tank that does not need cleaning. Below you will find some services we offer in Warren, MI.